This article may contain compensated links. Please read disclosure for more info.
Find the perfect quote about Paris & get inspired by the city of love
Salut, my fellow Paris lover! Are you looking for inspiring quotes about Paris, or need some input for the best Paris quotes for Instagram to share your incredible travel snaps? You certainly came to the best place for Paris captions!
Paris is a marvelous city that is for centuries a true source of inspiration for writers, poets, and dreamers of all kinds. And how it is with creatives and romantics, the force of nature has them pour their hearts out and bless us with hundreds and thousands of beautiful Paris quotes.
But is it surprising, though? Paris with its golden lights of street lanterns and the long shadows of the Eiffel Tower. With its art and beauty, but also with its tragic love stories and entangled history. The pompous lavishness of the grand boulevards and expensive storefronts, but also the unmissable poverty visible on every corner.
How can one not be inspired to feel and to bring out the most genuine Quotes on Paris?
Anyway, luckily, there were more talented people than me who poured their hearts out before and felt all the feelings and provided us with hundreds of magnificent Paris quotes to pick from to level up our Paris quotations games.
Are you planning a trip to Paris? Don’t miss these articles:
- Your Perfect 2 Days in Paris! Itinerary & Insider Tips!
- The Best Bakeries in Paris – 5 pastry shops you must try!
- 21 Simple Ways to Save Money in Paris
- 14 Hotels with stunning Eiffel Tower views
Alright, let’s start with this list of the most famous Parisian quotes and the certainly most heartfelt Paris dream quotes!
The best Quotes on Paris to inspire and dream away
Whether you are looking for lovely sayings about Paris for a greeting card, or are intending to send a quote about Paris to a loved one about to set off on the trip of a lifetime. You are surely finding the perfect quote on Paris here.
As you are a fan of the written word, don’t miss our list of best books that are set in Paris
Maybe you are just seeking some inspiration for your upcoming trip to Paris to get in the mood, or want to dream away with some dream Paris quotes. Either way, have fun!
• “To know Paris is to know a great deal.” — Henry Miller
• “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” — Thomas Jefferson
• “I’m not a complicated girl; she laughed, I just want to run away with you, rob a bank, fall in love and eat ice creams in Paris.” — Michael Faudet
The most famous quotes for Paris
• “We’ll always have Paris.” — Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca
• “The shopping, the food, the views! Paris is a city that entrances us all – and I’m no exception.” – Michael Kors
• “Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris.” — Paula McLain
• “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris!” — Victor Hugo
• “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” — Ernest Hemingway, probably the most famous Hemingway Paris quote!
Quotes about Paris to inspire your dreams
• “In Paris, everybody wants to be an actor; nobody is content to be a spectator.” — Jean Cocteau
• “America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.” — Gertrude Stein
• “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.” — G.K. Chesterson
• “Paris is always a good idea.” — Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina
• “It’s Paris. You don’t come here for the weather.” — Adrian Leeds
• “Paris is so very beautiful that it satisfies something in you that is always hungry in America.” — Ernest Hemingway
• “Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.” — Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.” — Gossip Girl
• “Paris at dawn is one of those rare cities where you get the impression that something worthwhile could actually happen to you.” — Pierre Assouline
• “You can’t escape the past in Paris, and yet what’s so wonderful about it is that the past and present intermingle so intangibly that it doesn’t seem to burden.” — Allen Ginsberg
• “You stumble, you soar. And if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” — Amy Howard
• “Paris is a divine section of eternity.” — E. E. Cummings
• “I love Paris for the million reasons that everybody loves the city. It’s an incredibly romantic and beautiful place.” — Alan Furst
• “Let’s go to Paris. Take me there and never look back.” — Lana Del Rey
A quote on Paris that captures the melancholy
• “I think Paris smells, and not just sweet but melancholy and curious, sometimes sad but always enticing and seductive. She’s a city for all the senses, for artists and writers and musicians and dreamers, for fantasies, for long walks and wine and lovers and yes, for mysteries.” — M.J. Rose
• “Though you may leave Paris, Paris never really leaves you.” — Janice Macleod
• “The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant.” — T.S. Eliot
• “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.” — King Francis I
• “If ‘Sex and the City’ taught us anything, it’s that Paris is the only city in the world that New Yorkers actually fantasize about.” — Elizabeth Bard
• “Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past.” — Michael Simkin
• “Paris at night is a street show of a hundred moments you might have lived.” ― Courtney Maum
• “She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris.” — Gustave Flauber
“The Eiffel Tower was once thought impossible to build.” — Hector Jesus Arencibia
• “Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. It brings tears to your eyes.” — Lee Radziwill
• “I had forgotten how gently time passes in Paris. As lively as the city is, there’s a stillness to it, a peace that lures you in. In Paris, with a glass of wine in your hand, you can just be.” — Kristin Hannah
• “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.” — Wes Anderson
• “Paris is a city where time is best to spend doing nothing.” ― Erich Maria Remarque
• “Paris – There you can be whatever you want to be. Totally yourself.” — Langston Hughes
• “Every time I look at the Eiffel Tower, it completely blows my mind.” — Brian Fallon
• “Breathe Paris in. It nourishes the soul.” — Victor Hugo
“It’s true, you never forget your first love, and for me, that will always be Paris.” — Caitriona Balfe
• “What you don’t know about Paris, is that when you live there, over time, and invisible thread forms around your heart, and so when you leave, it always tugs you back.” — Robert Black
• “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
• “Secrets travel fast in Paris.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
• “I know so much is going to happen here, but I just don’t know-how. It feels like Paris is full of so many adventures just waiting to be had.” ― Rachel Kapelke-Dale
• “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris, and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain, or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies, you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” — Roman Payne
“Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise.” — Jules Renard
• “It is a good thing to go to Paris for a few days if you have had a lot of trouble, and that is my advice to everyone except Parisians.” — Muriel Spark.
• “When good Americans die, they go to Paris.” — Oscar Wilde
• “At night I would climb the steps to the Sacre-Coeur, and I would watch Paris, that futile oasis, scintillating in the wilderness of space. I would weep, because it was so beautiful and because it was so useless.” – Simone de Beauvoir
• “I like the Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace.” — Natalie Lloyd
• “In Paris, I really do like to try and do nothing… but that’s impossible.” — Christian Louboutin
• “It’s midnight. One half of Paris is making love to the other half.” — Melvyn Douglas
• “There is an atmosphere of spiritual effort here. No other city is quite like it. I wake early, often at 5 o’clock, and start writing at once.” — James Joyce
• “Paris holds the key to your heart.” — Anastasia
• “A final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh.” — Kate Simon
• “The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay, I heard the laughter of her heart in every street café.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
“That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me.” — Midnight in Paris
• “The whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature, and Music… it is worth anyone’s while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in everything.” — James Thurber
• “You’ll have to fall in love at least once in your life, or Paris has failed to rub off on you.” — E.A. Bucchianeri
• “In Paris, our lives are one masked ball.” — Gaston Leroux
• “What an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world!” — Charles Dickens
• “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.” – Honoré de Balzac
• “Paris exists to remind you that all your dreams are real.” — Audrey Hepburn, Sabrina
“When spring comes to Paris, the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise.” — Henry Miller
• “There is but one Paris, and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even – the French air clears up the brain and does good – a world of good.” – Vincent Van Gogh
• “There should be a name for the syndrome that occurs when you’re in Paris and you already miss it.” — Rosecrans Baldwin
One of the most flawless quotes about Paris France:
• “There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris.” — Ernest Hemingway
• “I should go to Paris and jump off of the Eiffel Tower. If I took the Concorde, I could be in my next life three hours earlier.” – Woody Allen
• “Paris is the city in which one loves to live. Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station—the Gare D’Orsay—and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees—nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal. But what other city offers as much as you leave a train?” — Margaret Anderson
• “April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.” ― E. Y. Harburg
The longest quote about Paris is beautifully spot on:
• “Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history; so she seemed in this age of Napoleon III with her towering buildings, her massive cathedrals, her grand boulevards, and ancient winding medieval streets–as vast and indestructible as nature itself.
All was embraced by her, by her volatile and enchanted populace thronging the galleries, the theaters, the cafes, giving birth over and over to genius and sanctity, philosophy and war, frivolity and the finest art; so it seemed that if all the world outside her were to sink into darkness, what was fine, what was beautiful, what was essential might there still come to its finest flower.
Even the majestic trees that graced and sheltered her streets were attuned to her–and the waters of the Seine, contained and beautiful as they wound through her heart; so that the earth on that spot, so shaped by blood and consciousness, had ceased to be the earth and had become Paris.” — Anne Rice, Interview with a Vampire
If you found this article about quotes for Paris helpful and inspiring, please share it 🙂
Prepare your trip to Paris
Plan your trip