If you have a spare day during your Paris vacation, you certainly should think about taking a day trip from Paris to explore more of France. Paris is perfectly located between cultural heritage sites, amazing wine regions, and the beautiful coastline of Normandy. Thus, you find plenty of stunning getaway destinations, all just a short ride away. It would be a waste if you’d not take this opportunity.
No matter what you are interested in or what you long to experience, you find it around Paris. Make the most out of your trip to Paris and plan a side trip while you’re here. The most popular day-trip destinations are these:
Our post about the best day tours from Paris introduces the 10 most popular day trips from Paris and gives a good overview of where you actually can go.
However, if you know already that you want to explore a French wine region, take a further look here:
- take a day trip to Reims from Paris and visit the famous Champagne Houses of France. Click here to see the complete and easy to replicate itinerary.
- take the train and visit Bordeaux and St.Emilion to try one of the world’s most renowned wines. If this sounds great, read our post about how a trip to Bordeaux from Paris
- visit the stunning fairy tale castles in the Loire Valley and enjoy a wine tasting of regional wines – click here for more information
If you are rather interested in exploring natural sites and spending a day by the sea, the best day trip from Paris you can take is to Étretat. It is a day trip that you can easily self-organize and that is unquestionably worth it. Click here to know exactly how to get to Étretat from Paris.
In case you have enough time to plan a weekend getaway from Paris, take a look at our post about Paris weekend trips. It covers a broad range of trips within France, but also to neighboring countries. Perfect if you have two or three spare days on your Paris trip.
For more detailed information about certain day trip options from Paris, check the following posts. You’ll get detailed information on how to organize the trip on your own, but I provide also links to good and trusted tour guides, that can do it for you.
- How to visit Bordeaux from Paris in just 1 day!
- Monet’s Garden – visit Giverny from Paris
- A day trip to Champagne from Paris – All you need to know!
- What to do on a trip to Normandy
- Day trip from Paris: The Christmas Market of Strasbourg!
- Étretat – a short trip from Paris you’ll love
- Best weekend trips from Paris
- visit Disneyland Paris
12 amazing Weekend Getaways from Paris by Train!
Étretat – an easy short trip from Paris you`ll love!
Last updated on 23rd April 2022 by Lena No matter if you are longing for a fresh sea breeze during the hot Parisian summer, or just want to enjoy an outdoor and nature trip to see more of France than “just” Paris –…
Day trip from Paris: The Christmas Market of Strasbourg!
A day trip to Champagne from Paris – All you need to know!
Last updated on 21st September 2021 by Lena Whether you just adore the idea of sipping bubbling champagne or you just want to get out of Paris for a day – a day trip to Champagne from Paris is an amazing experience. Visit…
Prepare your trip to Paris
Plan your trip